Faulty Communication in Group Control Wiring
1. Error Detection Method
When the main remote controller cannot communicate with a sub remote controller in the remote control group. It is judged an error if a sub remote controller in a remote control group fails to communicate with the main remote controller for a period of three minutes.
- An indoor unit within the control group does not have its power on.
- The CHK pin and/or TEXT pin on the indoor unit in the control group are shorted.
- Remote control group wiring is opened.
- The DISP pin of an indoor unit sub remote controller in the control group is shorted.
- More than one indoor unit in the control group is set to Main.
- An indoor unit in the control group is set to Separate.
2. Error Diagnosis
|1-1||Is the indoor unit powered off?||Yes||Power on|
|1-2||Are the CHK pin, TEST pin and/or DISP pin on the indoor unit control PC board short-circuited?||Yes||Remove the short|
Substitute Sub Remote Controller
|2-1||Is the remote control group's wiring opened?||Yes||Correct the wiring|
|2-2||Check the group settings (Item Code 14) from the remote control's detailed settings mode. Is the main remote controller (1) set to more than one remote controller or to separate (0)?||Yes||2-3|
|2-3||Is the wiring of the remote control group wired according to the wiring diagram?||Yes||2-4|
|2-4||Run the auto address setting again.|
|2-5||Run the auto address setting again after correcting the wiring of the remote control group.|
Indoor unit control PCB
|3-1||Is the wireless remote controller and/or optional control PC board connected to on the indoor unit’s control PC board?||Yes||3-2|
|3-2||Disconnect the connector mentioned above on the control PC board of the indoor unit control PC board, and see whether the E18 goes off after several minutes. (When doing so, if two remote controllers are being used and the wireless remote controller is the main remote controller, set the other remote controller as the main.)||Yes||3-3|
|3-3||Replace all optional control PC board and/or wireless remote control parts including wiring.|
|3-4||Replace the indoor unit control PC board.|
- The ‘/’ in the table indicates the DC motor’s indoor unit board/AC motor’s indoor unit board.
- There is no TEST pin on the AC motor model’s indoor unit board.
- For information on the remote control’s detailed settings, refer to the Reference Materials.
- For information on the procedures for replacing the Indoor unit control PCB, refer to the manual that is packaged with the indoor unit service board.